Friday 17 November 2017

Sale Common Again

Another one of my walks around the Sale Common brings up some more highlights. Have been hearing a Whip bird calling for the past couple of weeks, saw one today, and got a fairly good photo. Some other finds were 2 young in the Whistling Kite's nest and a couple of Darter nests with 2 young in each.


Yellow-faced Honeyeater, was from my walk out at Swallow Lagoon on the 34 degree day. I had planned to sit in the one spot for an hour or so, as there were plenty of birds around. It was too hot so I came home.

 Whistling Kite attending her young.

 Two young in the nest.(need to look closely).

The Kite sitting below the nest.

 Black Fronted Dotterel.
This ground is indicative of most of the Common. The water is drying very quickly.

 This photo made my day. Well worth the 5km walk.
Eastern Whip Bird.

 Lone baby Wedge-tailed Eagle.

Pair of Chestnut Teal.

Ross.

(click photos to enlarge)






No comments:

Post a Comment